The Church of St John, Cinderford, Glos., UK
The Church of St John was designed by Edward Blore and consecrated on 22 October 1844.
Today Cinderford, situated on the edge of the Forest of Dean, has a population of about 7,500 but in the 1700's it was little more than a tiny hamlet with just a few houses.
The name Cinderford is derived from the ford over the river and was about half a mile from the present town centre. It began to thrive as a mining community in the early 1800's.
The parish of St john was consecrated in 1844 and the town began to grow as more coal mines were opened.
Cinderford was the home to many of the Buffrey family.